Please Wait a Moment

COVID-19 Maintenance Procedures

In an effort to reduce the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), MHA will operate at a limited capacity for the protection of residents & staff. The MHA maintenance department will only respond to emergency needs until further notice. These requests can be reported through normal procedures during regular operating hours. Please refer to the emergency list below to be aware of what will be handled at this time. Please continue to only use the emergency number for emergencies occurring after hours. 

Residents are responsible for reporting necessary repairs to the office. Work Orders can be called in to: (423)586-5115,

Press Option 5, or ext. 8006. If work order staff is not available, you can speak with the receptionist at ext. 8010.

Please call (423)273-2489 to report emergency repairs which occur after office hours. The list below are the items which will be treated as EMERGENCY:

  • Fire in any MHA building
  • Broken water lines on MHA property
  • ​Any water heater where the relief valve pops off or develops a hole in the tank where water runs constantly
  • Any electrical problem which causes a power failure or poses a threat to persons or property
  • Gas leave at any appliance or meter
  • Smoke alarm (alarm going off, needs repaired, loose or hanging)
  • Heating system off (only when outside temperature is below 55 degrees F)
  • Toilet stopped up and overflowing
  • Give assistance to the Police Department in case of break in or emergency
  • A tenant is thought to be hurt or in difficulty
  • Stove (only if the entire appliance does not work)
  • Main sewer line clog that causes a back-up into a unit
  • Refrigerator not working
  • Roof leaking
  • Main door lock torn up, won't secure

Reporting Changes

Changes in income or household composition must be reported in writing within 14 days of the change.

  • Residents must complete a rental adjustment form at the office and provide verification of the change.
  • Additions to the household require:

​​​birth certificate

social security card

proof of income (if any)

completing an application at the office (adults only)

Pet Ownership

Rules for pet ownership are in chapter 18 of the Admissions & Continued Occupancy Policy (ACOP). You can CLICK HERE to print the form to request a pet and to read our full Pet Policy.

Approval must be obtained from the main office and $100 non-refundable pet fee is required. 

Only 1 indoor pet per household is permitted.

Some restrictions apply

Please review the policy for full details.