COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Action & Operations Plan
For Morristown Housing Authority
July 7, 2020
IN THE INTEREST OF PUBLIC HEALTH, ENTRY TO MHA’S MAIN OFFICE WILL BE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
A MASK WILL BE REQUIRED & TEMPERATURE CHECKS WILL BE DONE PRIOR TO ENTERING THE BUILDING.
LIMITED OPERATIONS WILL CONTINUE VIA PHONE, E-MAIL OR FAX.
Phone: (423) 586-5115, Fax: (423) 586-3014
(A list of phone extensions & e-mail addresses can be found on the STAFF page of this site.)
The following procedures are currently in place:
- All MHA briefings and events are cancelled until further notice.
- Income changes will continue to be processed. Changes should be reported by e-mail or fax. Rental adjustment forms are available online or at the MHA office entrance.
- MHA will continue to complete emergency work orders. Please refer to your emergency magnet for a list of qualifying repairs. Maintenance staff must be notified if anyone in the unit is ill so necessary precautions can be taken. Regular work orders should still be reported so repairs can be scheduled once restrictions are lifted. Monthly services (pest control & filters) will also be suspended until further notice.
- Applications for Public Housing or Section 8 HCV can still be submitted online. Required forms will be mailed to each applicant. Completed forms & supporting documents can be returned by mail, fax or scanned e-mail attachment. Anyone needing assistance with the online application can apply by phone with staff.
- Annual re-certifications will be handled by mail, e-mail, fax, or drop box.
- All non-emergency inspections will be suspended until further notice. Any special inspections will be conducted as-needed. Initial lease-up inspection for Section 8 HCV will not be scheduled unless the unit is vacant.
- A drop box is available at the MHA entrance to submit documents or rent payments. All rent payments are still due according to your lease agreement.
- Elderly, disabled, or other “high-risk” residents requiring assistance with essential needs can contact Andrea Stewart with Resident Services (ext. 8026)
Delays in processing can be expected.
MHA asks everyone to practice all “Social Distancing” and other guidelines given by CDC to reduce the risk of exposure and spread of COVID-19. PROTECT YOURSELF AND YOUR LOVED ONES!
MHA will continue to adjust operations as additional recommendations are received from CDC, Federal, State, or local government. Updates will continue to be posted to the website as changes are made. It is the priority of MHA to do its part to keep staff, residents, and the general public safe during this critical time.